- One morning I opened the door leading to the patio, I was bringing the morning seeds for the feeders, when I saw something move behind the hose box. It was a fawn that as soon as it saw me, yelled scared and quickly took off running. I called Lucy and Tyler and I showed where he was hiding blending with the brush they got to see it! It couldn’t be older than two weeks!
- I’ve been having problems with a cat that is making my backyard as a diner place.
- I’ve seen a Cooper’s Hawk several times in my backyard.
- While I was trimming the shrubs in my front porch I saw a Cooper’s Hawk being chased by three Red-winged Blackbirds. For some reason they were really mad and the hawk was being pecked by the blackbirds.
- Of course, it was Father’s Day and Tyler had a beautiful card for me, he wrote
“Dad I love you to the moon and back”... Your son, Tyler.
- My son Tyler is on Summer vacation from School and it’s having a ball! Almost daily, he’s activities with friends and sports. Today (Monday) he started early in the morning for a Youth Camp to do many activities, sports etc. He was ready for action.!
- I saw my first Ruby-throated Hummingbird but I haven’t photographed it yet.
© HJ Ruiz – Avian101